Centerpiece Puppies Purchase Agreement
Centerpiece Puppies Puppy Purchase Agreement
Breeder: Centerpiece Puppies LLC
DEFINITION OF TERMS:
Genetic Disorder: A condition diagnosed by a licensed veterinarians specializing in the condition with supporting evidence that the condition is, to the best of the veterinarians knowledge and experience, genetic (inherited) in nature and not a result of environmental factors such as, but not limited to, dog’s weight, diet, injury, attending illness, etc.
Serious life-altering condition: all illness or physical condition that renders a dog’s quality of life to severe pain and suffering or disfiguration.
I. BUYER AGREES:
1. That the puppy was healthy at the time of transfer and to have puppy examined within 72 Hours of purchase by a licensed veterinarian to validate this guarantee.
2. The puppy is not being purchased for resale and will never be sold to a pet shop, puppy mill, or agent of same.
3. To continue with vet exams and follow all recommendations of vet in regard to shots and proper care. Failure to comply with and provide documentation of these requirements voids all guarantees.
4. The value of the pet for the purpose of this guarantee is solely the original purchase price of the pet, and does not include any additional prices declared by the buyer, such as value of show dog or shipping fees.
5. To keep puppy/dog in good physical condition and proper weight.
6. To have puppy spay/neutered between 6 months and 1 year of age.
7. If for any reason you are unable to keep your puppy/dog you must notify us immediately. A Centerpiece Puppies offspring must be returned to us, or give us the opportunity to help you place the dog in a fitting home.
8. That they have received all treatment records from the breeder.
9. That they have received the educational rabies brochure.
10. That they have received written disclosure of any injuries, illnesses or abnormalities.
II. BREEDER AGREES:
1. Breeder guarantees that puppy has had proper care to date and has been examined by a veterinarian. Puppy has received its first shots and been wormed at the proper times. Records will be furnished at the time of purchase. If puppy is being shipped such records will be with puppy. If within 72 hours of receiving the puppy and he/she is examined by a reputable veterinarian and the health of the puppy is found to be a risk due to a congenital defect which causes death or serious life-altering condition, owner shall notify breeder and provide a written statement from a licensed vet describing puppy's condition and shall return the puppy and papers to the breeder within three days of the examination. This does not include worms, fleas, mites, coccidian, giardia, stress inducing diarrhea due to transition from seller to buyer, eye/ear infections or any other parasites as they are common in dogs and puppies.
2. Breeder is not responsible if puppy contracts a communicable disease after leaving breeder's possession.
3. 1-Year Health Guarantee: Breeder guarantees puppy against any congenital defect causing death, or making necessary euthanasia, or serious life-altering condition, until one year of age. Replacement puppy will be given in the case of death while the warranty is still in effect. In the case of serious life-altering condition, seller will refund buyer to cover vet bills up to half the purchase price of the puppy, if the buyer wants to keep the puppy. Buyer may also return the puppy for full refund, OR receive replacement puppy.
4. All shipping and transportation costs for returning or replacing puppy remain the responsibility of the buyer.
5. All claims of “serious-life altering conditions” must be verified by two (2) licensed veterinarians, with records being supplied to the seller.
6. In the case of sudden demise of puppy, breeder must receive a written notice of puppy's death from owner's vet, along with a necropsy report stating cause of death, and have DNA to determine the dog or puppy is of Centerpiece Puppies lineage.
7. Breeder does not guarantee color, size, hypoallergenic/non-shedding coat or temperament of any puppy.
8. I GUARANTEE GOOD HEALTH AND NO HEREDITARY DEFECTS. I DO NOT GUARANTEE AGAINST COMMUNICABLE DISEASES SUCH AS PARVO, DISTEMPER, RABIES, ETC.
To be covered by this guarantee, Puppy must be owned by original owner named in this agreement.
THE FOLLOWING WILL VOID ALL GUARANTEES:
A. Buyer permitting the dog to be underfed or overfed at any time.
Definition of Underfed: Ribs are highly visible
Ideal Body Condition: Can feel outline of ribs, but not see ribs. Dog has a waist when viewed from above. Belly is tucked when viewed from the side.
Definition of Overfed: Dog has no waist when viewed from above. Belly is founded when viewed from the side. Ribs cannot be felt distinctly.
B. Evidence of neglect or abuse.
C. Previous related trauma (broken bones, related injuries, etc..)
D. Dog has been bred.
E. Evidence of Strenuous Exercise for example: No treadmill, no jogging/running prior to the age of one, no extensive standing on back of legs, no extensive retrieving or playing on slippery floors, no extensive/strenuous hiking prior to age one.